Pointing Parents toward Kid Coding; Fun to fill the Day!

 Coding Site for Kids 

As I am a teacher; and love the fact that the child in me is still learning, I came upon this easy coding site called; Grasshopper! It's from Google! I love Google!


The first thing to check out is the Fundamentals.

    Fundamentals means, let's start at the beginning. The site easily walks you through it.  As you progress, you earn Congratulations! when you succeed. They take baby steps for incremental learning. It's slow and steady and something not to fear. 

    The first thing I made was a flag; just three colors, but the placement is what your learning, and by using Your Keys (see below) they have as choices that make it easy to comprehend. As a bonus; they give you hints if you mess up so it's easy to backtrack and fix.  Hmm? Where have I heard that before, "you learn more by your mistakes  than your successes." Kids will figure this out easier than us adults for sure.


Here is the flag that starts you off in Fundamentals;



    Your coding gets more refined as you go, and they teach you little coding hints! "My, I think I might have to keep going and learn more!" Such a positive and entertaining site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!