Mother Goose Part 1 (One) and 2 (Two) Read Aloud!

Rock-A-Bye Baby, Little Tommy Tittle-Mouse...

Humpty Dumpty, Ring Around the Rosies, and More!

Silvia Long does a great job introducing us to familiar and not so familiar nursery rhymes in her creative art style of a genre gone-by. If you remember picture book art from the 60's it has that kind of feel to the characters and images she portrays and it is inimitable. It's a nostalgic feeling I get from her colorful pages. In this hard bound version there are 109 pages, at a 10"x10" size, so it's a pretty hefty book. I know a three year old could carry it, but I'm not sure about a two year old. 

Part One of Mother Goose Read-aloud.

    When I choose it for my read-aloud I was excited myself, looking at the delightful expressions and whimsy (I know this word is overused, but I like it). I will be breaking it up into four parts for this particular read-aloud, because it works better in segments. I will of course list the more familiar titles on the channels front description @TumpskyandMrsSmall and underline them for your convenience. Then you can remember which Part 1,2,3 or 4 is your favorite.

    I looked for it on Amazon, and beings it's a from 1999, it's doing quite well holding at $14.99 for a hardcover. The paperback is about a dollar less. There is a Kindle version as well. The ISBN # 9780811820882.  Check out my read versions; part one and two. Part 3 and 4 coming in the near future.


Part Two of Mother Goose Read-aloud.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!