Featured Post!

" Tree's Adventure Making New Friends" 

Written and Illustrated by Mrs. Small

ISBN: 9780692781746

><

 Interviewer:  

"What made you think of a walking tree?"

Author: 

    "The story idea came to me two fold through my kids. First my daughter had been studying the health of trees at home then during her college years. She was working on her Masters Thesis paper in Microbiology at UC Davis at the time. I was intrigued by her dedication and devotion in wanting to finding a solution to the Sudden Oak Death (SOD) problem. She grew up with Oak trees all around her neighborhood and the thought of losing them to a fungus really upset her. Secondly, my Son had just left for Boston to study on the East Coast. When I thought about how he wouldn't know anyone over there, the making new friends part, came from that. There were several other reasons I wanted Tree to be motivated; the major one was because at the time I was in need of change myself. I was in need of a healthy goal oriented change."

 -:- -:- -:- or


"A to Z 26 Alphabetic AlliterationsApple Alligator to Zucchini Zebra"

ISBN = 978-0-578-67609-8

Interviewer:

 "Why an Alphabet book with Alliterations?" 

Author:  

    "I wanted to illustrate the book with my own cartoony characters and write sing-songy alliterations that would get you to laugh. I wanted the images to be rather involved so you'd have to spend some time with the pages. Using colored pencils was easier than using acrylics like in my first book, also not having to draw one character so many times and in different ways made it more enjoyable."

  .-:- -:- -:-

"Reading and literature for children open the doors to many imaginative minds. This book is a family-type "ABC " picture-book rather unusual and for ALL ages.
         Alliterations can be challenging, especially when read aloud, they are rather like tongue twisters." KMS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!